Now, I know what you’re thinking. It’s a common misconception that Brussels sprouts are boring and unappetizing – but this warm vegan and gluten-free Brussels sprouts salad will prove you wrong!
Contrary to popular belief, Brussels sprouts don’t have to be boiled and overcooked by your grandmother for you to enjoy them (sorry Grandma’s).
This vegan salad will transform the way you think of Brussels sprouts. With a few fresh ingredients, you can whip up this salad in to time and will make your taste buds sing.
Not only is this Brussels sprouts salad dish easy to make and nutritious, but everyone will love it. It’s a flavorful and healthy way to upgrade any dinner plate – and the best part is it only takes twenty minutes to make. Even the pickiest vegie eater in the family will be asking for seconds. Forrealz. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
Ingredients for the Brussels Sprouts Tahini Salad
- Brussel Sprouts: fresh Brussels sprouts halved
- Cherry Tomatoes: adds depth and acidity.
- Garlic: Nothing beats crispy golden brown roasted garlic slices.
- The Sauce: Make two batches: The Best Vegan Tahini Sauce (for everything)
How to Make Vegan Brussels Sprouts Tahini Salad
Slice the Brussels sprouts in half. Soak for 10 minutes in cold water, to make them cooked in the center. If you prefer a firmer center of your brussels, then skip this step.
Add your olive oil to a warm pan. Add the Brussels sprouts and pepper. Cook the Brussels sprouts for 8 to 10 minutes stirring regularly, or until nice and crispy.
Set the Brussels sprouts aside in a serving bowl.
Thinly slice the garlic.
Add one tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan on high. Add your halved cherry tomatoes and thinly sliced garlic. Grill the garlic for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it is crispy and brown.
Toss the best vegan tahini sauce for everything and into your Brussels sprouts. Serve with the garlic and tomatoes on top.
Why I Love this Vegan Brussels Sprouts Tahini Salad
- It’s hearty and delicious
- Uses simple basic ingredients
- Plenty of healthy nourishing ingredients
- It’s suitable for a vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free diet or any food lover
Vegan Brussels Sprouts Tahini Salad (gluten-free)
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 large garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2½ cups brussels sprouts halved (10 cups)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 batches The Best Vegan Tahini Sauce (for everything)
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Slice the garlic cloves into thin slices (like chips). Set aside.
- Slice the Brussels sprouts in half. Add the halved Brussels sprouts to soak into a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. This will help them get tender in the center. If you prefer your brussels sprouts firm in the center then skip. Rinse and dry them.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to a large frying pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the Brussels sprouts and pepper. Cook, stirring regularly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are nice and crispy. Add the brussels sprouts to a separate serving bowl.
- In the same pan, add one tablespoon of olive oil and raise the heat on high. Add your garlic on one side of the pan, and your cherry tomatoes on the other. Grill for 3-4 minutes or until the garlic is crispy and golden.
- Toss your Brussels Sprouts with the best vegan tahini sauce for everything. Add the tomatoes and garlic on top. Serve warm/ at room temperature and enjoy.
Enjoyed this recipe? Pin it now and read it again later
Save or Share!
Latifah is a vegan foodie who loves travelling and cooking plant-based recipes. She loves sharing her favorite travel spots and adding a sprinkle of confetti to your day.